Saturday, July 10, 2010

Breakfast is the best!

I think that breakfast is my favorite meal. Well, it is my favorite meal when I don't have to get up and go to work. When I'm on vacation or the weekend, I love all the foods that can be made for breakfast. When I'm working, I have to say my breakfast time isn't that exciting because it usually requires I eat something fast and on the go. Usually those boring breakfasts consist of things like Luna bars, fruit, string cheese, or yogurt. When I'm not working, I have the joy of cooking breakfast. Also, since I'm always on the quest to find the balance of enjoying yummy food and healthy food I thought I'd try a new recipe. This recipe comes from the reality star, health chef, Bethenny Frankel. It is a simple recipe for multi grain french toast. I have to admit I deviated a tad bit and make some variations. I used whole grain bread from La Brea bakery, purchased at Whole Foods (yummy!). Also, I added a dash of milk in the recipe. For my toppings, I used homegrown strawberries, a dab of whipped butter, and real maple syrup (lightly drizzled). You can get the recipe for yourself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

template