Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mutt Treats

Mazy, my beloved little dashie, may be in store for some yummies for her tummy! I caught this clip on the Today Show (via internet). They interviewed the author of a new doggie cookbook. I will put this book on my future purchase list. Mazy may have a surprise soon as I hope to try the recipe below for Pupsicles! I may even try the Barkin' Biscuits!

Frozen Strawberry Pupsicles
Amy Stevens' Yoga 4 Dogs

3 dozen Pupsicles

These Pupsicles are a great, refreshing way to give your dog that extra burst of energy!

INGREDIENTS

4 cups yogurt, low-fat plain vanilla flavor
1 jar organic baby food, strawberry flavor
2 tablespoons of your favorite honey
2 tablespoons of organic peanut butter
DIRECTIONS

Take all ingredients and mix thoroughly in a blender or food processor.

Pour into ice cube trays or paper cups and freeze for about an hour. It’s that easy!


Cheesy Bark’n Biscuits
Amy Stevens' Yoga 4 Dogs

4 dozen

INGREDIENTS

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup freshly grated Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons canola oil
4-5 slices fully cooked and crisp bacon (crumbled)
1 to 1 1/4 cup water (add more if needed)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix flour and cheese in a large bowl; add crumbled bacon, oil and water, mix well with hands. Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.

Using half of the dough at a time, place on a floured surface and roll to ¼" thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes on middle rack or until lightly brown.

Turn oven off when done and leave biscuits in the oven to cool (about 20 minutes).

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


2 comments:

  1. I would totally make the pupsickles:). I am now a raw food convert for my doggies however, so the second one would not work for us. They LOOOOOVE their new diet and it has totally cured tucker's bad breath issues as well as helping his allergy skin problem by about 85%, among other things!! I am SOLD!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trenna,

    I want to know about this raw diet! Did you get out of a book? Tell me about the details! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

template