Monday, August 10, 2009

My Unprofessional Review of Julie and Julia

The other day I went to see the new movie "Julie and Julia." I had heard it was a must see! I anticipated one of those feel-good, leave the theatre smiling sort of films. I will have to say that it did not fulfill such an expectation. While it did not leave that sort of warm feeling in the pit of your stomach upon leaving, I feel it still is worth seeing.

Why? It is a movie about a woman, Julie, who is about to turn the dreaded 30 and her journey to find purpose in her life. What person couldn't relate to this? She finds this connection, though not literally, with Julia Child. 365 days, 524 recipes, and a blog.....Julie makes her way through Julia Child's cookbook and finds her purpose, even herself, in the end. I won't give away too many details but the movie was charming and inspires me to both purchase Julia Child's cookbook and learn to cook French. I will let you find out the rest for yourself.

By the way, if you want to know why the movie didn't live up to the warm fuzzy feeling--I will tell you but only after you have seen it. =)

4 comments:

  1. I love your new blog!! Do you think I would like the movie?? I really want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally see it! In fact, you will probably appreciate it more than me because Julia Child probably was on TV in a time when you can remember. =) I will discuss the downfalls of the movie with you after you see and I'm sure we will agree!

    Isn't the look of my blog so cute?! Now if I could just actually blog more often and get ACTUAL people to read it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I want to know what your issue was with the movie? Did you read the book first? Isn't Meryl Streep AMAZING?

    WENDY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry - I had to post as "anonymous" - it wouldn't let me do anything else! -WENDY

    ReplyDelete

template